Thursday, April 5, 2012

Artifact 6

 Lee, Thomas. "An on-going collection of mostly music and dance autographs by the famous and not-so-famous.." Thomas Oboe Lee. N.p., March 11, 2012. Web. 6 Apr 2012.

This is a letter I sent from London the 30th of June of 1837 addressed to my colleague Frédéric Cuvillier in Paris. In this letter I discussed the permission given to "Weber" to do as he pleases with his horse, and I also mention my recent ballet "La Fille du Danube"

 "Mr Bierfuhrer m’avoit chargé d’une commission d’un petit collet manteau, aussitôt mon ballet de la Fille du Danube donné je penser ois à lui, et je le félicite dans sa nouvelle charge. Je ne vous donne point de nouvelles de nos théâtres, les journeaux vous en donnent asséz…" 

which more nearly means...

"Mr Bierfuhrer had me charged with a little collar of a coat, once my ballet La Fille du Danube I think ois given to him and congratulate him in his new charge. I give you tidings of our theaters, newspapers give you enough..."

No comments:

Post a Comment